Sunday, March 11, 2012

Revelation on the John

I had a small revelation while I was sittin' on the toilet last night. My aunt, uncle, step-grandpa, step-uncle, and I were talking a bit of theology, and it came around to following the law and how we really need not focus on "Is this sin?" rather than "Does this come between me and God?" And I pointed out that the law itself is in us already, because God bases His law on His nature. When we get saved, God's own nature becomes embedded in us, and we take it on as our own, and then we very naturally follow the law, since the law's foundation was the nature we now have. Here's my small revelation though:
Proverbs 3:1-4 (KJV) "My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man."
I honestly think this is as much God talking to His children as it is Solomon talking to his son, if not more. If God's child is to let his/her heart keep His commandments, His law, and bind it around their neck and write it on the table of their heart, it would have to become part of their own nature. Giving a man two tablets and having His children attempt to follow His law from the outside isn't gonna work. Like Solomon wrote, and like Jesus said in the New Testament, it must come from the inside. The only way for that to happen is for one to become born again as God's child, having His nature instead of our own.
I do think I'll be reading Proverbs in a different light now.
That's all for now! I gotta get up.
J-Lindo

No comments:

Post a Comment