Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chattanooga and the Big Bang

I'm in Tennessee for the weekend! Staying at my grandparents' place and visiting aunts, uncles, and cousins. Having a good time so far. Last night I was at my aunt Liz's house, and for dessert, we had vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel syrup :D I was quite happy.

Enough about me. Here's something I feel like explaining.

The Big Bang- most Christians, as far as I know, don't believe its real. Stupid little religion and fairy tale atheists use so God doesn't have to exist, anything scientists says about it is a lie. Right?

I don't think so.

Let's start with this: everything with a beginning has a cause. Everyone will agree on this, I'm sure. Despite the excuses given to cops, nothing happens for no reason. Whether for a mental, physical, or moral or whatever else reason, there's a cause for everything that has a beginning.

Now that's settled. What do Big Bang advocates believe the Big Bang is? The beginning of the universe, as well as space and time and the existence of everything within this universe.

If the universe had this beginning, it must have had a cause, correct? I believe it's ridiculous to believe something can come from nothing without a cause.

Of course, the idea of something coming from nothing even with a cause is just crazy. Unless the cause is the only one thing it could possibly be: the all-powerful God. Why is God the only candidate, though?

The Big Bang is the beginning of the existence of everything within the universe, everything physical. Meaning there was nothing- nothing physical, nothing scientific, just absolutely nothing. No existence of science. No existence of anything except anything without a beginning. Only something- or Someone- eternal and therefore without beginning could have done such a miracle. Yes, the Big Bang, I believe, is the biggest and most widespread miracle of all.

But wait! The Bible says God spoke and the universe came into existence! The Big Bang contradicts that!
How? Who says God didn't speak, and boom! the Big Bang was the result of God commanding existence?
I do like to wonder how other Christians imagine the universe came into existence without the Big Bang though. Perhaps God spoke and all things just faded into existence? Y'know, like that fade effect in some videos and movies where it fades into black, then fades into the next scene? I could believe that, except I honestly don't think God would have science contradict Him. If the evidence truly shows evidence of a Big Bang, I see no reason to believe that's not what happened when God spoke.

I know what's on some of your minds- macroevolution and the billion years thing. Unhook them. I don't believe 1) the Big Bang has anything to do with macroevolution- for some reason, people join them together without thought. And 2) it doesn't matter how old the universe and the Earth are. They also don't have much to do with the Big Bang, although it does have more to do with it than macroevolution does. But for the record, I do not believe in macroevolution. Nor do I need to to believe the Big Bang happened.

That's all for today! I must get up and perhaps eat.

J-Lindo

No comments:

Post a Comment