Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let Me Google Unimpressed For You

I was quite unimpressed on Good Friday (04-06-2012). I meant to talk about this before, but it slipped my mind. Where was I unimpressed? At church. Why?

For this particular occasion, three Independent Baptist churches came together for one service. One of the three was the church of my sister's and my friends who go there. I don't really mind going. I tend to be accepted as long as I don't mention my beliefs on the KJV :P

Anyways, my sister and I went to the host church for the sermon, sitting with our friends. The host church's pastor (I think) came up and gave a short speech about these three churches coming together under Christ to celebrate His death and resurrection. This is where I was unimpressed.

How could I be unimpressed by this, you ask? Well, three churches coming together... they're all Independent Baptist churches. It's not hard at all for them to come together. That's like a couple white gangs coming together.

What's it gonna take to impress me then?

Had the churches coming together been different denominations- Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal, Assembly of God, Church of Christ, etc. come together under one Christ to celebrate Him, then would I have been incredibly impressed. It would have been like black, Mexican, and white gangs coming together.

And I bet satan would hate nothing more than all the denominations of Christianity putting aside their differences and unifying. After all, what better way to attempt to destroy the Bride of Christ than dividing her against herself (Mark 3:25; Mark 3:25 NIV)? And indeed, what better way to fool the different divisions into thinking they're doing okay by coming together with the ones that believe the same way they do?

I just recently rediscovered Let Me Google That For You. It's quite amusing. Here's one I made for borborygmus. Terrible thing to have, it is. I get it everyday. You probably do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment