Monday, April 2, 2012

Bible Verse Plugin

I just found a really really really cool html plugin for my blog :D
Having installed it makes me feel so... smart! I don't dab into html coding very often, though I know a little about it.

It's a Bible verse plugin! When applied, it looks for any Bible reference, makes it a link, then when you hover your mouse over it, it shows a little box with the verse(s) inside! Pretty cool, isn't it? It's made by Blue Letter Bible, and their website is here. It's a pretty good website for Biblical resources and such. Good stuff on there.

If you want the plugin on your website or blog, click here. Basically, you copy and paste the code, go to where you edit your html coding for the website or blog or whatever, and stick it right under where it says <head>. Pretty simple!

Though, you gotta be careful with how you word things. If you say something like "number 2" or "is 18", it picks it up as a Bible reference, so you'd have to reword it just a tad. Or just type the number words instead of the number symbols. I've had to look at my other blogs and correct some wording, but it's been no hassle. So I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's not hard.

Oh, and you can edit the coding and set the default translation. Mine's on KJV atm, though I always quote in KJV anyway unless I have reason not to, so do you think there's another translation I should set it to? Which'd be best?

Although, if after the reference I specify a specific translation that's not the default one, it'll use that translation instead. Really neat stuff!

There's a limitation though- the box'll show as many as 7 verses, but if your reference has more than that, it'll have a  "More »" link and it'll give ya a web page with the entire chapter(s).

Just because this fascinates me, Imma give ya some examples.

James 1:22

James 1:22 NIV

Psalm 119:11 NASB

Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV

Romans 3:23 ESV

Romans 5:8 NLT

Romans 6:23 ASV

Romans 10:9 RSV

Yes, I just used the Romans Road xD But hey, it's pretty effective, as you can see! Give it a try, you'll love it.

So, when I reference a verse from here on in, I'll put the same verse to another translation next to it for comparison or ease of reading. Such as 1 Cor. 15:3-4 (1 Cor. 15:3-4 RSV). Like that. KJV and RSV for example, side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment